Due to popular demand, they will be available later this summer.
Create your own Octave Mandolin!
Please contact me for the availability of these kits
Mill Creek Octave Mandolin Kit Features: *
- all solid wood components
- book matched redwood top. (Spruce top shown is from previous kits)
- pre-bent book matched black walnut sides
- book matched black walnut back
- slotted Ebony finger board 22.875” scale
- 6 m.o.p. inlay dots
- partially shaped bolt on neck.
- A Spalted Maple Rosette, Curly Maple binding and b/w/b wood purfling.
- tuning keys, strings, bridge, tailpiece and all hardware included (see below for option)*
- Ebony veneer peg head overlay
- 21 page easy to read illustrated set of instructions
- 12 pages of detailed drawings
- on line help and technical support 24/7
- $460 + shipping and handling.
- $420 without strings, tailpiece and tuning machines + shipping and handling.
- The plan for this kit can also .
- Now with induced arch bracing
You can see photos of the building process in the Workshops section
Tools and supplies needed to build the mandolin kit:
A hand drill or small drill press with bits, a coping saw or small scroll saw, some C clamps, a small wood vise, a few files and/or rasps, a few wood chisels, glue, masking tape, double backed tape, clothespins, and sandpaper.
Although some woodworking experience is helpful in putting this kit together, extensive skills are not necessary. It has been engineered and designed to be builder friendly and will enable the builder to gain an introduction into basic luthier skills that can be applied to building future instruments. It is also designed so the builder can add their own artistic expression.